Backbone JS for web & app development
Backbone.js is an open-source library that primarily concentrates on the structural code of web applications and contains more than 100 available extensions. Jeremy Ashkenas developed BackboneJS and released on October 13th, 2010. The BackboneJS library gives good functionality for the development and that is why choose Backbone JS for web & app development.
Reasons to choose Backbone JS for web & app development
What is a Single-page application?
Single-page applications require only one-page to load and where all the required elements can be loaded dynamically onto the page without the need to leave that page.
Backbone.js for single-page development:
MVC (Model View Controller):
Backbone.js creates an MVC model and connects the whole of it to existing API over the RESTful JSON interface. Model View Controller (MVC) separates any codebase that involves a user interface into three components. code reuse and separation of concerns are the two key benefits that an MVC design pattern provides.
To assemble the client-side web applications, BackboneJS provides various building blocks such as events, views, models, collections, and routers. We will explain about these building blocks in detail,
With backbone.js objects can bind and trigger custom named events with the help of a module called “event”. Events can be mixed into any objects
In backbone.js we call tiny chunks of user interface as “View”, it often renders the data from a specific model or number of models.
Data is represented as Models in backbone.js. The model could trigger a”change” event whenever a UI action causes an attribute of a model to change. BackboneJS automatically updates the HTML of your application, when there is a change in the model.
A group of related models that handles the loading of new models to the server is managed with a “collection”. Collections can also proxy through all of the events that occur to models within them, apart from their events.
We can route the client-side of a web app and manage it with actions and events using “Router”.
Key features of Backbone JS for web & app development
- BackboneJS manages the data model very efficiently and displays that data at the server-side.
- BackboneJS automatically updates the HTML of your application, when there is a change in the model.
- Backbone.js can deeply enhance the page by using progressive enhancement principles. We only need to write code once if we use a template engine and we can even share the templates between the Front-end and Back-end.
- Backbone.js automatically updates the HTML of your application whenever there is a change in the model.
- We can track features of history and can match the appropriate route with the help of backbone history. It enables routing in the web app and can launch callbacks to control events.
- We can check and save the model to the server-side of a web app using the Sync function of backbone.js.
- The use of glue code can be eliminated in a finished Backbone app. The views simply update themselves when there is a change in the model.
- Backbone.js is a flexible library, and we can easily combine it with other tool’s or plugin.
GET QUICK QUOTE